New Releases #11: The Batman (2021) Trailer Reaction

So this is basically my reaction to the trailer for the 2021 “The Batman” film. Please enjoy.

My name is Logan Tyler Smith, and in this series of LoganLand Prime I will analyze movies that are newer or more contemporary in the public consciousness. Welcome to the New Releases series.

 I’ve been thinking about this for A LONG time already. 


Truth be told I pretty much never do reaction videos or podcasts. I wouldn’t say I’m against them, but they are by no means the types of videos I wanted to make. Not bashing reactors, they do good work a lot of the time, but there’s a disinterest in me in terms of video creation in general. 


Then I saw The Batman trailer. 


I immediately felt like I was sixteen years old. The song from Nirvana was a well documented element that added to the thematic feel of the trailer. More importantly, everything from Batman to Catwoman to Gordon to Penguin to even Riddler and the goon Batman one-hundred percent brain damaged, everything is executed perfectly (some racists might dispute Gordon’s casting, but I’m not going to indulge that here). 


So it’s cool. 


It just is. Whether or not you agreed with Robert Pattison’s casting (or his choice to work out [or not to work out, oh no!]) or the casting of any of the characters for that matter, it’s understandable to be skeptical. However, any skepticism you or I had before the trailer dropped will immediately fade away upon first viewing (or fifth or tenth...). 


(I admit as of writing this I have watched this trailer about 20+ times). 


Perhaps the highlight for me (and, evidently, lots of fans) was an already well-documented moment of Pattinson’s Batman adequately pummeling a goon attacking him into possible lifelong paralysis. The scene is not only gorgeously composed and shot really well (though that goes for a lot of the trailer) but the visceral and effective choreography (accompanied with bone-crunching sound design) make this trailer worth watching exclusively for that moment. The rest of the trailer elicits worthy chills, however. 


Yep, everything I said is true; it’s good. 


With that in mind I should probably either get some sleep or watch the trailer a 26th time, whatever works. And if you haven’t seen the trailer yet I can almost 100% guarantee that (at least for fans of Batman) this trailer is definitely worth the watch. Give it a view. 

That’s all I got for you. Like, subscribe, usual stuff and I’ll see you next week with another podcast, bye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN YOU THINK

Production Journal for 'Roomies' Production (January-July 2023)

Why I'm Taking a Break from LoganLand Rants