Today in Writing 8/1/21

 NOTE: You will see some of these ideas stated in a video entitled "This week in writing 8/1/21-8/7/21" released on 8/8/21. You've been warned. 

Today I documented my writing process. For context I am currently working on two projects:

        The Plug: a screenplay about a woman debating with her family about whether to pull the plug on her estranged mother. 

        Call to Action: a 4-issue comic series about a man's rise and fall in the film industry that kills him inside and out. 

I documented my virtues throughout the project, and I think it's important to note I had a month-long goal (roughly 21 days, in accordance with Viki King's book "How to Write a Screenplay in 21 Days." 

The plan today was supposed to be to write 6 pages of the 20-issue comic issue of the 4-issue comic series (I'm not doing the artwork, just describing the artwork and dialogue) and 10 pages of a screenplay. 

I managed to get the 6 pages of Issue 1 done...

...but only got 2 pages of script done. 

What does this mean? 

It means that the pages I didn't get done of the screenplay (about 8 pages) will be added to the 20 pages I'm supposed to write tomorrow. 

I did this to myself, I acknowledge it's my fault. 

But I'm more than prepared for tomorrow and we'll see how it goes as I continue to document and vlog my progress. 

Stay tuned for "This week in writing 8/1/21-8/7/21" on 8/8/21!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Journal for 'Roomies' Production (January-July 2023)

HOW I AM MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN YOU THINK

Why I'm Taking a Break from LoganLand Rants